Buyer – Electronics Manufacturing
£ negotiable, subject to experience – Applicants to state current and expected salary when applying.
We have an exciting opportunity for a role as Buyer within a leading Cambridgeshire based Contract Electronics Manufacturer (CEM) with established customer partnerships across a range of industry sectors. At Prism Electronics Ltd we provide an excellent, flexible and responsive service to all our customers, focused on flexible manufacturing of complex products in modest volumes. We are proud to have ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 and Investors in People accreditations.
Reporting directly to the Logistics Team Lead, you will have responsibility for undertaking a diverse range of purchasing and administrative related activities. You will provide a ‘hands-on’ approach to the day-to-day activities associated with procurement and materials management.
• Analyse supply and demand requirements based on MRP data or additional information to determine appropriate procurement requirements.
• Based on MRP data or additional information, generate purchase orders for both materials and services ensuring Quality, Cost & Delivery are achieved to support production requirements effectively.
• Continuously investigate methods to reduce product costs and optimise inventory levels whilst ensuring materials availability as needed.
• Develop Prism Electronics supplier base by identifying potential new suppliers to support current and new business demands.
• Perform administrative support when producing Pick-Lists and Route Cards, PCB labeling and barcoding, back-flushing materials, maintaining reports, ERP material adjustments, managing stock discrepancies and shortages etc.
• Contribute and develop effective inter-departmental relationships by providing information and support as required.
• Perform additional duties as requested by the Logistics Team Lead.
• Minimum of 2 years buying and material control experience.
• Strong attention to detail and diligent mind-set.
• Proficient IT skills with knowledge of an ERP/MRP system and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to collate, analyse and manipulate data.
• Highly effective in supplier contract negotiations and business networking.
• Commercially aware and confident decision maker.
• Desire for continuous improvement.
• Customer and quality focused.
• Able to communicate at all levels both orally and written.
• Experience gained within an electronics manufacturing environment.
• Familiarity with electronic manufacturing processes and sourcing of electronic parts.
For further details or to apply for the position of ‘Buyer’, please contact Claire George on +44 (0) 1480 309058 or firstname.lastname@example.org