PERMANENT POSITION – 37.5 hrs per week – Mon-Thurs (08:00-16:45) to Friday (08:00-12:30)
An exciting opportunity for a Test Technician (Team Leader) with an award-winning Cambridgeshire based Contract Electronics Manufacturer Services provider (CEM). Prism Electronics provides a responsive service to customers, focused on flexible manufacturing of modest volumes of complex products.
We are proud to be Investors in People, ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 accredited.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for leading the test department in order to meet production testing requirements. Working with some of the latest technologies in use by our customers, this is an ideal opportunity to apply your skills across a wide range of products.
- Minimum Level 3 qualification (ONC or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within and electronics testing environment, with fault diagnosis to component level.
- Knowledge and understanding of electronic principles and circuitry across the digital, analogue and RF spectrum.
- Competent in the use of a diverse range of test equipment and techniques to facilitate detailed fault diagnosis.
- Computer literate with skills in data logging, manipulation and analysis. Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, ERP and MES software;
- Self-motivated and pro-active, a good communicator able to work independently or part of a production team.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience within a contract electronics manufacturing services environment.
- Leadership and team-work experience.
- An understanding of Surface Mount (SMA) and Conventional (through-hole) processes.
- A broad knowledge of XJTAG test software and its development;
- Inspection to IPC-A-610 standards.