PERMANENT POSITION – 37.5 hrs per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Production Engineer within a turnkey Contract Electronics Manufacturing (CEM) facility, with established customer partnerships across a range of industry sectors. A fantastic opportunity to work with the latest technologies within our manufacturing facility and provide engineering disciplines to ensure a best practice approach across our services..
Prism Electronics aims to consistently provide a high quality, reliable and flexible service to our customers focussed on responsive manufacturing of modest volumes of complex products.
We are proud to be Investors in People, along with ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 accreditations.
We offer competitive salaries and a quarterly profit related bonus scheme (upon completion of probationary period).
Reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, the Production Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the production process is effective. We are looking for a candidate that has a solid understanding of electrical and electronic principles and practical experience of electronic component implementation. The successful candidate should have an understanding of effective New Product Introduction, and able to provide customer support for both new and existing products.
The candidate must be computer literate in all the basic packages with good communication skills as they will be required to interact with our customers. They must be able to work independently and as part of a small team and have the potential to expand their role in the future to lead a small team of engineers.
Training in the role will be provided
- Qualifications: BSC, HND/HNC or equivalent in Electronics, Mechatronics, Electrical or related engineering field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an engineer or technician in an electronics production facility.
- Broad based engineering experience with an excellent knowledge and understanding of electronic principles, electronic components and their specifications, working with BOM’s and AVL/AML’s, Gerbers etc.
- Ability to support engineering with the preparation of customer quotations and identify suitable alternative component selection based on availability, obsolescence or cost reduction.
- Familiarity with production equipment and tools used within both Surface Mount and PTH assembly processes.
- Knowledge of DFX (design for manufacture, assembly, quality, test & repair).
- Drive continuous improvement activities to support reliability, repeatability and yield across manufacturing.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience of ERP and MES systems
- Self-motivated, a good communicator, able to work co-operatively in a team environment and with a strong attention to detail.
- A proven problem-solver through the use of permanent corrective action methodology.
- Maintenance and process set up of Surface Mount Assembly equipment Pick and Place, AOI, Printing & Reflow.
- Certification or previous experience of IPC-610-A inspection standards.
- Leadership of a team.